It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Who should win the pres. position?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:01 am
Ohbama 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Clinton 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:01 am 

I followed the very confusing instructions and had no success. I am going to list what I am trying to do and see if any one can help me out on this.
Any help is very much appreciated!

I have a unix server, I want to install either ffmpeg or this software. I have tried both. No suppport for either. I like this software better so I am sticking with it. I want to know how to use the command line version with a php, mysql database.

Basically here is what Im trying to do. I want to take my html/php upload form that allows a user to upload any video format to my server. They can put the title name in there as well and it stores that title, a thumbnail, and the video in a table. There is a flex video player with a playlist that reads from the mysql database and of course like any flash dynamic playlist you can select your video and it will stream it from the server.

Very very simple to do, and there are things like this program out there to do it but no one has yet to do what Im trying to do with this software or the tutorials given with the software do not tell you how to install the fvec.exe program on your server. Isnt that the whole point of using server side encoding so that you can do all of this server side, not installing the encoder on your pc and using it to convert the videos then uploading them.. I can do that with out this software. The purpose is for others to be able to do this via my website, like youtube.

Again, any help and walkthroughs would be very very appreciated.
Thank you all in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:13 pm 

Hi
I don’t have so much idea regarding this subject. Just I suggest you to take steps accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:27 am 
Support Team
Support Team

---------------------------------
to jasen.shapeandlight :arrow:
---------------------------------

Thanks for your interest in Sothink product!

We feel regret to advise that there are only Linux and Windows version available at present.

Besides, we would like to advise that after installing the program please kindly go to the installation directory of the program and you will find the User Manual which contains detailed information about how to set up your server, etc.

If you are interested in the Linux or Windows version please kindly check the following information:

1. Video Encoder Engine for Adobe Flash (Windows Version)
http://www.sothinkmedia.com/flash-video ... mand-line/

2. Video Encoder Engine for Adobe Flash (Linux Version)
http://www.sothinkmedia.com/flash-video-encoder-linux/

You will find detailed information as well as the Live Demo site of the above two versions respectively.

Hope the above information helps!

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Have a nice day! :)