SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: CoolMenu
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:17 pm 
When viewing my site with the Coolmenu product, I am receiving a<br>security error from I.E. 6. As a result the applet is not displayed. I<br>have created the applet in your application and then using the toolbar<br>add-in in FrontPage 2002, I have added it to a web page. I include that<br>web page in a table on each page of my web site so they can navigate<br>around my web site. On web pages that are cataloged into a sub<br>directory of the web site, I receive the error message : "An exception of type 'com/ms/security/Security/ExceptionEx' was not handled. Would you like to debug application?". If I say no, then a purple background is displayed where the menu should have been displayed. In Netscape 4.78 nothing is displayed but a white area where the menu would have been displayed. The web site URL is http://www.philipsworldofnylon.com It is an ADULT<br>web site, so you are forewarned. I would appreciate any assistance as<br>this is becoming troublesome and causing my site visitors problems<br>navigating. I can provide any suporting files as need if you can advise how to add the attachments.<br><br>Philip<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:01 am 
I am a regsitered user of Coolmenu and have been using it for a few months now.<br><br>Philip<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:39 pm 
Guru

We have visited your site and found everything is Ok. The menu is shown in a normal way. So we guess the problem is due to your IE. Please make sure the Java plug-in is enabled.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:25 am 
Thank you for the information. As I don't use IE that often, please be so kind to advise how I can check if java has been enabled. Thank.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:29 am 
Als, with Netscape 4.78 the issue of the purple background instead of the specfied background not being displayed on the pages from the sub dirs hasn't been answered. Thank you for your assistance.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:24 pm 
Guru

Please do as follows:<br>1. Open IE browser. Then select Tools>Internet Options.<br>2. In Internet Options dialog, please click Security tag. Then with the Internet icon selected, click Custom Level ... button.<br>3. In Security Setting dialog, drag the roll bar to find Microsoft VM, and verify that Disable option of Java permissions is unchecked. <br>4. Still in the same dialog, drag the roll bar to find Scripting, and check the Enable options of Scripting of Java Applet.<br>5. Click OK of both dialogs to confirm the operation.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:26 pm 
Guru

Sothink widget tools do support Netscape 6.0 and above version. So please follow the link http://home.netscape.com/computing/down ... ?cp=hophb2 to get the latest version of the Netscape. <br>For those who visit your site and still use Netscape V4.0, you may also suggest them to use the new version.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:58 am 
Thank you for the informationon IE 6 setup option. I verified all of the settings and they were both enabled. I set the VM to medium security from high. The security error is still occurring however. Plesae advise further instruction to resolve this issue.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:59 am 
Thank yu for the information about Netscape versions. This is not the information previously provided by your company when I purchased the product.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:56 pm 
Guru

Can you see the menu on http://javaboutique.internet.com/CoolMenu/? please mail the pgt files and images to support@sothink.com/<br>Thanks a lot! <br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:35 am 
Yes I can see the menu just fine in Netscape 4.78 and IE 6. I also have the same security error at a different computer using IE 5.5 with a different ISP, etc. I am forwarding the files you requested under separate cover to the email address you suggested. Thanks you for your assistance.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:50 pm 
Guru

I have checked and tested the pgt file and not found problems.<br>Please help us to have such try:<br>1. Does the security problem happen after you publish the menu on your web site or both in your local preview?<br>2. If possible, can you send us the content of the security error?<br>3. Please do not use the background image in this applet. Then add this new menu into your page and upload it to your site to check if the same problem happens?<br>Thanks.<br><br>Sincerely,<br>Webmaster<br><br>