SourceTec Software

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Brand New User
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:19 pm 

I really want to use this with FrontPage yet when I tried to use the WIdget toolbar in FP, I get an error message: "Component Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid." Now what? Please help!<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 6:24 am 

The problem is caused by comdlg32.ocx missing from in your configuration - you can download it in a zip-file here: http://rosenlundnielsen.dk/software/inc ... mdlg32.zip<br>You have to register comdlg32.ocx with the operating system. Copy comdlg32.ocx to c:\windows\system (or c:\winnt\system32), and then (to register) select Start|Run and enter "regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system\comdlg32.ocx" (or "regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\comdlg32.ocx") without the quotation marks. <br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:38 pm 

I followed your instructions and now I don't get the error message - BUT - I can NOT register via the method you described below. The .exe file does not run.<br><br>Also - though I no longer get the error message - the Sothink Widgets menu does NOT appear in FrontPage. If I click on the little button on my toolbar, it launches the Sothink program in a seperate window. I created my menu in the Sothink program but cannot get it to appear in my FrontPage web page. <br><br>Why isn't this working ????<br><br>Please help.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:36 pm 

ok thanks so much for the non-help here....hello?<br><br>so much for making my deadline.<br><br>I feel as if I wasted my company's $25 for this product.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:47 pm 
Poster

I use a different method that seems to work real well. It's a little more complicated but I like it.<br><br>When you wish to insert it into frontpage, don't use the widget. Use the program to publish, copy paste to the spot you wish it to appear at. <br><br>Turn on show all marks in front page. Then switch to html mode. Copy the first screen in the publish dialouge to a spot in the header. The copy past the second sceen in the body of the page where you wish it to appear. Put <p> in front of the header portion, then preview. The menu should appear.<br><br>This is not exactly the way it's supposed to work, but it works just as well.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:47 am 

Thank you pegleg for your response. I will try your workaround method today ....<br><br>thanks again.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 1:22 am 
Guru

If you are the registered user of the program, please mail the register name, email and order code to support@sothink.com, then we will give you a special install package.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:18 am 

I PURCHASED the program - but cannot REGISTER it due to problems with the program. Order code? All I have is an invoice Reference #'s from the "ShareIt!" folks who authorized the payment for Sothink. REF #1469928-A.<br>That's it. It seems that the workaround method that pegleg so kindly let me know about is working (so far)...we'll see how it goes when it's time to actually publish the site.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:49 pm 
Guru

Thanks for your information very much.<br>Now the package is in the development. Once it is released, we will sent it to you. So please tell us your mail.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:07 am 

maria.scureman@ascomwireless.com<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 5:10 pm 
Guru

OK! Thanks for the mail address.<br>The programmers are working on the package. It will take several days. Please be patient.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 12:39 pm 

What package? <br><br>You mean the DHTML Menu that actually works as an Add-In to FrontPage like it claims (but doesn't)?<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 7:12 pm 
Guru

The package of the DHTMLMenu, which can not work in FrontPage normally. Once it is released, we will give it to you.<br><br>