SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:38 pm 

I have the Sothink SWF to Video converter and I have always had issues with the program only capturing and converting the first 77 frames or 3 seconds of video. What is happening and how can I fix it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Dear jbrosseau,

Would you please provide the original SWF file for us to have a check?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 pm 

I'm having the same problem. Where do I send the SWF, or can you tell me what I need to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 am 
Support Team
Support Team

-----------------------------
To jbrosseau, Philip :arrow:
-----------------------------

Normally, the missing content problems may be caused by the following factors:

1. Please check if you have chosen "auto end capture at the last frame" option in Capture Settings..

If you choose "auto end capture at the last frame", it means the program will judge if it should end the capture processing or not according to the frames displayed on the timeline area. If it goes to the last frame, the program will stop capturing. Sometimes this function can not assure all the flash content is recorded completely:

1) If the Flash can not play to the last frame all the time, choosing "auto end capture at the last frame"; will not affect the recording.

2) If the Flash keeps repeating at the last frame, choosing "auto end capture at the last frame"; may cause the missing of the repeating content during the capture processing.

In the cases, we suggest you control the capture processing manually by using Start/Stop Capture buttons.

2. Some contents in Flash files may be controlled by Action Script. Although you saw the frames in the timeline of the program were played to the end, the Flash content is still playing. Thus the actual length of the Flash is longer than the frames displayed.

If you just stop capturing when the frames go to the end in timeline area, you may lose some content after that in the output file.

So we suggest when you are using "Interactive"; mode to convert the Flash files, please let the Flash content keep playing to the end. Then you can click the Finish button to stop capturing and you will not miss any content in the output file.

Please try to use the methods above to make the conversion again. If you still have the problem, please provide us your original file as well as your registration information to have further check.

Please provide the relevant information to support@sothink.com

Hope the above information helps!

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Have a nice day! :)