SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:58 am 

First time user of SoThink Video Encoder Engine, Windows Version... and this forum.

We've started a Beta version of our site which accepts various video formats from our users, and converts them to FLV for playback on our site. I'd rather not post its URL here, as it would likely show up in Google searches someday as us "struggling with video upload issues"...

We're running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2 on multiple servers (eventually load-balanced). The site is ASP.NET based.

Our initial testers are experiencing hit-or-miss results when posting video to our site. Some are able to post no problem... but then others are experiencing issues when they shouldn't be. Some are uploading strange video codecs (in other words, user error) but some are posting simple WMV or AVI or MOV codecs and experiencing issues.

I'm sure part of the issue is that, well, we're new to the SoThink software world... and I've likely not installed it properly, or am overlooking certain settings.

I'm needing a "SoThink programming consultant." Someone that can login to my server, audit the setup, recommend changes and/or actually implement changes themselves. My hope that someone with enough experience with this software can help solve our hit-or-miss issues.

We plan to roll out our site in a soft-launch Beta phase very soon. This person would be paid for their time and assistance, and perhaps become our go-to person for video moving ahead. We can also use photo upload and general ASP.NET assistance, as well.

Please contact me directly via private message or in this thread, and I'll gladly send you the URL and my contact info to discuss.

Thanks!
-Jack