SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:26 pm 

:oops:
I contacted support via email 2 weeks ago, I used the online form 1 week ago and still no response!!
My quicker quit working after the last update and now has been unusable for almost a month!!!
When I input my key info for activation ( which seems to happen everytime I back up the computer ) it pops up a window saying it can't find some temp xml file?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 pm 
Old Hand

3 likely problems:

1. You have installed quicker on more than one machine or have recently upgraded your computer.

2. You are not connected to the internet when you start quicker.

3. You have quicker blocked by your firewall.

You do understand that this software "phones home" every time you start it, don't you?

If sothink sees that you have installed the program on more than one computer, they will remotely disable your software from their server.

While virtually ALL other software vendors of this type allow a copy for your desktop and a second copy for your laptop so long as they do not run concurrently, Sothink does not. If you install a second copy, you are in violation of their licensing agreement.

If the software cannot "phone home" it most likely will ASSUME that it is a pirated copy and shut down after a set number of connection attempts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 pm 

Yes I am aware of all that but still haven't heard a thing from sothink. THEY seem to have a problem with norton ghost because we backup our computer every week. After that we need to re-activate even though all we did was backup our computer. We discussed this with them and they said just email if we have a problem and they will reset it.. well they aren't responding. Now adobe photoshop does the same thing if we have to restore a backup copy but only then does it need to be ractivated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:49 pm 
Old Hand

I will PM Sharon Lee and see if she can help.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 am 

thank you very much.. this has been a very annoying issue but they have always been very helpful and responsive.
phil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:22 am 

is it my breath???
still haven't heard a thing??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:59 am 
Old Hand

same here . . . they are not responding to PM's --- don't think its a holiday because they usually announce it when it is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

--------
:arrow: goochs
-------

Actually, we have received three emails from you regarding the registration problem, and we have already replied all the three emails to you. But it seems that you still have not received them yet.

From our experience with this kind of issues, we discovered from what our customers told us, that there are cases when our emails went in the spam or bulk section of the email address. Maybe it is a good idea to have a check and whitelist support@sothink.com in your mailbox to get the prompt response.

And we have just resent our reply to you via PM and gmail, please kingly check your inbox and email.

We hope our solution works for you. If you still have any problem, please contact us at support@sothink.com.

-------
:arrow: dijenga
-------

We appreciate your PM and email. Good job! :D

Email: support@sothink.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 pm 

yes I got the last response and you solved my problem
As usual your service is excellent
Phil :D