SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 pm 

Hello there,

I don't know how to draw in SWF Quicker...Do you have to keep pressing "Y" every time you make a stroke to go back to the pencil tool?

If I could get it to where I don't have to keep pushing Y all the time, I would seriously consider using this as my main animation software...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:10 am 
Old Hand

Do you have any examples of what type of animation you are doing? That might help you get an answer to your inquiry.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:54 am 

All I'm saying is that if you keep having to press Y every time you release, the software is unusable for drawing. What's happening right now, is you click > drag > release, then the software automatically goes to the selection tool. This happens also with the brush tool. It makes it seem as if there's no reason to even HAVE a pencil or brush tool.

I would love to be able to use this software for drawing, because it's just as good as Flash 8 was if not better, and it's very lightweight compared to Flash CS.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 am 

Actually, I found a workaround for those that would like to draw using SWF Quicker. You can set a macro to constantly push down the hotkey for the brush or pencil tools....hmmm...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 am 
Old Hand

Personally, I do all my artwork in graphics programs then use this software to do the animations ie movement/placement of work done elsewhere.

Not really sure it was meant to "create artwork" -- but to each his own I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:24 pm 

At the same time, though, it just feels like it's THAT close to being for animation.

The software is better than a lot of $100 programs, and it's better than Anime Studio Pro ($200) as it can do frame by frame. I finished a storyboard recently, don't have enough for Flash CS5, and am finding that the only animation software I have to turn to is SWF Quicker, as I don't have my copy of Flash 8 anymore. I love how SWF Quicker has that legendary "Stream" option for when you put audio in so that you can get the lips down, and do frame by frame animation to perfection.

It really has everything. Improving the drawing tools would blow Flash out of the water, I feel, for animation and also make it a viable tool for vector art.

To start, all one would have to do is to make it so that it doesn't go back to the selection tool on release for the brush and pencil tools. It feels like it's THAT close to being an art program. If it improved on it's tools, this thing would be worth $200 at LEAST.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:20 pm 
Old Hand

Are you wanting to do stopframe animation or keyframe animation?

If it is keyframe, then Sothink SWF Quicker is great for that.

If you wish to do stopframe animation (drawing each frame one at a time) you might wish to look into Serif Software's DrawPlus software. Great program for creating GIF stopframe animations, and you can get it for under $100, sometimes under $50 depending on which sale you get (and which salesperson if you purchase by phone).

BTW, my avatar was done in DrawPlus . . . the other version moves, but the avatar size restrictions here won't let me use it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm 

Here's the thing,

I doubt anyone will be able to find software that can record 10,000 frames+, do frame by frame, ALSO do object oriented/tween animation, create vector artwork, has the "Stream" function like Flash does so you can get what your hearing on screen perfect to what you're animating in real-time, and export movies as SWF among other formats, all at $100, other than SWF Quicker. Keep in mind the feature of importing SWF files would allow animators to crack open and study how animations work.

I guess my wishlist would be to have it where, when you draw with the pencil tool, it doesn't go back to the selection tool on release. That, and support for alpha on the filters (Movie Clips) so one could do lighting with layers.

I know these examples aren't that great, but then one could do dynamic lighting like:

http://markhansavon.deviantart.com/art/ ... savon&qo=2

and

http://markhansavon.deviantart.com/art/ ... savon&qo=1

Those were both created with Flash 8. They aren't much but the first one has 2 layers of lighting that I think...if I can recall move in opposing directions. I feel like SWF Quicker is better in some ways than Flash 8 at this point. It's an impressive piece of software, because it's also so lightweight (DEFINITELY lightweight compared to Flash CS x_x).

And btw, I do like the spider. =D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm 
Old Hand

I understand what you are saying, but not sure swf is the way to go . . . but I've been dead wrong before.

Nice work though. Gives me some ideas to play around with too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm 
Guru

I've never used macros in Quicker.. neither didn't know their existence there... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 am 

Macros don't exist. A macro program is just one where you can, for now, just turn it on and have it repeat the keypress "Y" every 0.01 seconds, so that you can, for now, draw in SWF Quicker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 pm 
Guru

Many thanks. :)