The first thing a freshman needs to understand is that everything will be completely different in a university. You can no longer hide behind your parents, school affections are a thing of the past, and your portfolio for your career needs to be done now. The first course is the beginning of adulthood, which must be approached fully armed.
- Manage Your Time
At university, everything will be completely different and you will need to learn to study from the beginning. You will receive new types of tasks and the overall amount of the assignments will be much bigger. In that way, it is essential to learn how to allocate tasks during the day. Another good idea is to delegate your assignments to a proven fast essay writing service. You will get a great result and free some time for other duties.
- Start Over
“Nobody understood me at school”, “I was bad at mathematics”, “I was scared of public speaking” — forget about it. All school complexes should remain in the past, like dropping out of milk teeth. If you do not part with them on time, you can neither bite nor chew what adult life offers.
Do not try to sew on your childhood shadow, this did not work out even for Peter Pan. Parents who nostalgically recall school time do not dream at all of the turnings into themselves but younger. They just want to live an interesting, eventful life, only without unnecessary worries and sores. Give the children the opportunity: stop being a schoolboy yourself and get busy with your new things.
- Find out what the university has to offer
Few people are interested in what is really important for new students. Find out right away:
- what additional educational programs the university implements. Activities, courses, exchange programs with foreign universities.
- what student associations exist at the faculty. All this makes it easier to learn, communicate more, get to know each other, find friends, work, and even love.
- How is the situation with foreign languages ??at the university, how many of them are studied as part of the compulsory program, and which are additional? Is it possible with the help of the university to prepare for the international exams?
- what opportunities are provided for students to undergo internships? Does the university have permanent partner companies? What is the probability of employment based on the results of internships and what role does the student employment center play in this (at the same time, check if it exists)?
Socialization and networking are your main companions for the next four to six years. School companies are similar to country houses — they are beautiful, but most often they are united by a territorial attribute and common memories. As soon as children’s adventures end, such connections weaken — people find new interests and begin to develop at different speeds.
Those with whom you find yourself at neighboring desks at the university, a priori, play with you on the same team. If you are fortunate not to be mistaken with the choice of a profession, then classmates will form the circle of communication with which you will go hand in hand with all active years of your life, grow and change the world together.
- Set Goals and Move in Their Direction
La Monte Young, a minimalist composer, and maximalist party-goer, once said that the motto “draw a straight line and follow it” determined not only his musical style but his whole subsequent life.
From the first year, set yourself big tasks, do not waste time on small things. Passing an exam week without troubles or just learning normally is not the goal, but the background mode for those who have real dreams. Learn to set goals and follow your dream!
- As often as possible. Always
Any territorial boundaries outline the limits of your capabilities. Do not become their hostage. Most of the children come to study in another city, implicitly hoping to return home in a new capacity. Traveling allows us to better understand not only the world and other people but also yourself.
- Trust Yourself
If you do not like and do not want to study, take the documents and leave. But just before that, try to figure out what you really want to do. Go and do it, you will surely be happy.