Reviewed by Rahul Gupta
In one simple line, Sothink SWF Decompiler is a unique tool to decompile, browse, and parse Shockwave Flash movies (.swf files). The software is entitled to extract images, sounds, and short clips from any flash movie. More appropriately, it is a whole package deal for SWF type files. An SWF Decompiler that can decompile all the action scripts from a Flash media file and decode it into a codable FLA, HTML 5 format file. There is much more to this premium software. So, letâ€™s dig deep into this tool and start the review of Sothink SWF Decompiler.
Â Setup & Download
To avail all these remarkable features and options of SWF Decompiler, you need to download the software. Though Sothink deploys Premium tools, it has provided a trial version of this software to get a peek of all the standard SWF to FLA, HTML conversion utilities. You can download the SWF Decompiler free trial from its official website. Do remember that the trial works for a 30-day period only. After that, youâ€™ll need to purchase the license of the SWF Decompiler.
The setup and installation only take a few minutes, and you can start using the Decompiler on all the flash movies right away. The software requires standard configurations and runs seamlessly on most of the Windows & Mac powered devices. During the setup process, the software installs three sharp tools on your system, the Decompiler, the Editor, and the SWF Catcher. In this way, you can quickly perform all the three tasks distinctly and with precision.
The Sothink SWF Decompiler fully supports the Action Script 2.0. This script is required to export the SWF file to an FLA or FLP file during the conversion process. The AS 2.0 script is also capable of decompiling the code written in the similar screen. This and all other features are stacked in the software. Other tool options like syntax highlighting, and compatibility with Flash 6 and 7, you wouldnâ€™t require any other tool to perform SWF related tasks.
Sothink SWF Decompiler can perform multiple tasks, analyze and decompile different flash media files and videos. When you start the software for the first time, the dashboard greets you with a slick interface and a video tutorial that describes you all the whereabouts of the tool.
The software breaks down the SWF flash file into components such as Shapes, Texts, Images, Sounds, Fonts, Frames, etc. and therefore you can export the data into simple convertible files. Sothink SWF Decompiler is capable of generating clean, organized action script codes from any SWF compiled files and then displays them in editable code window for further uses. In simple words, this Decompiler tool can easily describe every detail about a flash movie.
Â Why go for Sothink SWF Decompiler?
Sothink Developers have been in the industry for past ten years and have deployed enough decompiling tools for SWF & Flash files. More appropriately, giving better accuracy and performance as an SWF Decompiler. Few other strong facts are also here:
- The first ever SWF Decompiler to compile flash file into XFL & FLEX & HTML5 code.
- Sothink SWF Decompiler has support for Flash CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6. Not the forget, it extensively supports ActionScript 2.0/3.0 also.
- With this tool, you can also convert and extract a flash file into a video format (*flv) format.
- File Settin
- I also discovered that it was pretty simple to recover an FLA file from any SWF format file. Moreover, you can revert to FLEX made SWF file to source code as well. The latest version supports of the software supports Flash CS6.
- Quickly Convert Flash SWF files to HTML5 code files and access the code in Browser compatible format. The Snapshot feature also allows you to take screenshots from the flash file for any duration.
- Â The one-click extract buttons in the toolbar make it very easy to convert any SWF file into different file image formats, Mp3 or WAV sounds, FLV videos, and other video elements quickly. You can also convert them to sprites and Action Scripts too.
- lÂ The interface of the software is very straightforward and minimal. Within few minutes of usage, the user can get familiar with all the offered utilities of the tool.
Â Plans & Pricing of Sothink SWF Decompiler
So how much does this wonderful utility tool costs? Well, the standard price of this device is $79.9. However, the developers offer a full package that contains two more premium accessories as well. Apart from the primary software license, a Backup CD of $12.95 and an Insurance service of $7.99 is also recommended for the tool. So, a total of $100.93 is charged for a 1-user license along with proper protection, backup, and insurance.
Hence, this is my review of Sothink SWF Compiler software. Do share your thoughts on this remarkable tool that can convert SWF files to FLA, HTML 5 code quickly. I would recommend to try out the free version first, therefore testing out all the essential features initially. Cheers!