What are the difference between SourceTec Java Decompiler and Mocha?
- Mocha can't generate codes from any Java class files processed by Crema (another well known product written by Mocha's writer). However, with "bomb" Crema set, Sothink Java Decompiler could achieve them.
- Try to use Crema with param -nobomb and -ill to obfuscate some class files, then use Mocha decompile it, you will find the result code of "illegal identifiers, such as class names consisting entirely of digits and member names containing spaces", but SourceTec Java Decompiler can generate the legal code, add "Cla_" to class name and "Var_" to class member's name.
- SourceTec Java Decompiler has two params, "-s" and "-e", which Mocha does NOT have.
- Mocha crashes on some class files without output, but SourceTec Java Decompiler doesn't.
- A few class files cause Mocha failure in flow analyzing, SourceTec Java Decompiler can process some of them correctly.
How to Install
- Step 1: Choose a directory or create a new directory as the Install Directory, for example "\JavaTools".
- Step 2: Choose a Zip/Unzip tool, for example WinZip for win95/NT, and unzip "jsm_110.zip" to the Install Directory.
- Step 3: Unzip "mocha-b1.zip" to any directory as you like, for example "\temp", you should get two files from it, "readme.txt" and "Mocha.zip". Then unzip "Mocha.zip" to the Install Directory.
Note: you should unzip the file "Mocha.zip" but NOT "Mocha-b1.zip" to Install Directory.
- Step 4: Change to command mode, for example DOS box in Win95/NT, and change current directory to the Install Directory. You should find two subdirectories in it, which are "Jasmine" and "mocha".
- Step 5: Use the command: "java jasmine.Install" to install SourceTec Java Decompiler. This operation will transfer Mocha classes to SourceTec Java Decompiler classes and patch them.
- Step 6: Add the full path name of the Install Directory to your CLASSPATH string, for instance: SET CLASSPATH=c:\myclasses;c:\JavaTools;
- OK, you could use SourceTec Java Decompiler now. The old version of Mocha could also be used.
Win 95/98/Me/Win NT 4.0/Win 2000/Win XP