SourceTec Software

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:15 am 

I have created a multi-page website using Sothink HTML Editor with Windows XP. Now I have upgraded my computer to a new machine with Windows Vista about to be upgraded to 7. My Sothink Editor is not compatible with Vista or I am told 7. I do not want to have to recreate all of these pages as I am not a well trained webmaster and have barley mastered this program. SourceTec has not been able to help and only replies that they will notify their tech support people but it seems like there is no plans to upgrade this program. I am looking for an easy to use HTML Editor that can open and reuse the existing pages without my needing to make major changes. Each page has the HTML coding but the few programs I have tested so not seem to be able to import them in full including table settings.

Can anyone tell me what I can do short of reinventing the wheel and building a whole new site with a new program? :(

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:44 am 

I am having serious issues with the HTML editor here and Windows 7 - every time I try and right click in the visual edit screen the Editor Crashes out and windows delivers an error message stating that there is a problem and windows will get round to advising if they find a fix for it - any ideas anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:22 pm 

It appears that the 2.5 version is 64 bit - if you are experiencing no issues with the 32 bit version then perhaps I need to down grade to that - problem is I have searched the net and cannot find the 32 bit version anywhere - any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:10 pm 

Do you already have an HTML Editor, or a web design program? A lot of people use and love Dreamweaver, some like Frontpage. Both are popular enough to find tons of free tutorials on the web too

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
Old Hand

While both may be popular, you are off topic as this is the SOTHINK HTML EDITOR FORUM. If you wish to discuss the others, please go to their forum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:49 pm 

Recently I have moved to Windows Vista and in trouble with using HTML Editor. I tried to get some help from different places but failed. Now finally planning to go back again to Windows XP. Nothing will work for HTML editor than XP. If it was only for logo design I would have done it online in some websites like www.logogarden.com. I think there so some major concern between both of this. If anyone has the idea except moving back to XP, then please help. After doing this upgrade, I don’t want to go back.