SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 pm 

Hi!

I noticed that SWF Decompiler is unable to decompile SWFs that were made using haxe. (site: haxe.org)

Is it on you guy's todo list to add support for haxe SWFs? And in the mean time, anyone knows a program that does decompile haxe efficiently?

Thanks a lot for any help! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:19 pm 

That's your usual false positive. Just because it's called "haxe" doesn't mean it's underground. It is made by a perfectly legit and reputable french company called Motion-Twin.

You may have heard of mtasc? It's an alternate (free, open and stuff) ActionScript compiler. MTASC: Motion-Twin's ActionScript Compiler. HaXe is the "next gen" of Motion-Twin's work in those areas.

Sothink certainly knows about mtasc, it's known worldwide and I heard about it long before I found it was Motion-Twin's work. HaXe seems to be almost as famous, I doubt Sothink ignores its existence.

ANYWAY ;)

I am not asking to download anything, I would like to know how to decompile HaXe compiled SWFs, and if Sothink SWF Decompiler is being worked on so it can decompile it.

Anyone knows? (and do Sothink officials reply here?)

Thanks

Edit: http://www.flashmove.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35087
This post in another forum illustrates SWF Decompiler's difficulty with haXe. But no solution or secondary decompiler is provided... Help? ^^

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:02 pm 
Guru

These forums are user to user forums -- see this post for Sothink support contact info:

http://forum.sothink.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=294444

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:35 am 

Aw come on. You are the one "shitting" in my thread, which was pretty polite and constructive, or at least intended to be. If you have something to say, be elegant about it, you paranoid ignorant.

And to show you that I'm not insulting, but pointing at your own disrespect, I'll develop:
- Paranoid, because you insisted on downloading and installing something that I said not to download, since it wouldn't be of any use to help me with my question. You are being off topic, killing the few chances I had to get a valuable reply (aside mjperry51, thank you by the way).
- Ignorant, because you didn't do any research. You went as far as using a sandbox and install the thing, yet you didn't bother to read what accompanies the download nor to trace what exactly the installer was downloading (or how to avoid auto download). Java does that, is Java malicious? No. (I dislike this popular habit of auto downloading though, but that's not the point)
So, since I have to hold your hand through the darkness of your ignorance, look at this quoted text from the download page on the site:

"Please note that the automatic installer also downloads and installs Neko. You will have to install it on your own if you are doing an manual install. You can download neko binaries from the NekoVM website.

If you want to build the haXe compiler yourself, read Building from sources: haXe, nekovm, haXe tools."

I stripped the links of this quote, because we don't care, and I'm being forced to be off topic.

YOU want to talk about haXe. Learn to read. I want to talk about Sothink decompiling haXe SWFs, or an alternate decompiler. I think the support forum of a famous decompiler is a good place to ask for help on that one.
I can see that advertising spam in forums is a pain, and that you're sick about it. I guess that this sickness affects your ability to read and comprehend a post? Can't you make the difference between a legit question and advertising spam? Hint: this kind of spam is never argumented, and always more to the "download my product!" point. I don't own haXe, I want to decompile its SWFs children.

***(Edit: After re reading your post, this antivirus scan thing is weird. I will be sending the file directly to my antivirus' support. I pretty much trust Motion-Twin as much as Adobe, but I have not installed their compiler, and I don't need to (except maybe if decompilers are defeated by it). As I said, the link was there to make sure readers would talk about the same thing as I do. Downloading this program is off topic. Seriously.)***

I'm sorry (but not to LeibenSturm) that this discussion turned out so ridiculously dumb. I take it that decompilers have serious difficulties with haXe, not just Sothink's, and I guess I will write to them directly unless there is a kind and knowledgeable soul here to give me a hand.

In which case, thank you :)

Otherwise and if you're interested about it, I can post here the future reply from Sothink (assuming they do reply). ^^

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:06 am 

"Hi!
[blablabla]
Thanks a lot for any help!"
Sounds polite enough to me. :p

My second post (to the point but respectful, lacks happy smileys if you wish) may have looked like promoting IF your first post wasn't dispelling my whole thread, in its informative attempt. This second post of mine was meant to inform on what is haXe, since you were thinking it was malicious. I don't think it is, but I would definitely not install haXe with the windows installer, which is the one picked by several antivirus.
I'm thinking it's the packer or some external program they used to build the installer, or their website has been SQL injected with junk, but either way we'll see what the technicians at my antivirus have to say about it. The site says it's aware of it, if I'm not lazy I'll tell them how bad it has grown, and to fix it (several antivirus are picking it, that sucks. Not installing that.). Anyway, that's not the point of my presence.

(EDIT: And yes of course I'm defending the product. I don't take it to the heart, but it's for informative purpose and justice. Motion-Twin really is a reputable company of small size but talented people (do research if you wish, and research mtasc and haXe as well). I am really surprised by all this fuss. There IS an issue with the windows installer (only), I was unaware about it, and it's something I'll be looking into if I ever want to use haXe. But I don't, I use Adobe's product directly ;) )

My point is that haXe, or mtasc, are not supposed to be malicious. They're supposed to be pretty famous, and the source code is available along with compiling instructions. What brought me to this forum, is that I was trying to decompile a neat Flash game, to learn a couple things in terms of making smooth games. Putting an URL in case you want to try decompiling by yourself: hammerfest.fr. (This is as much promotion as the URL in my first post :p)

This game is compiled with haXe, and SWF Decompiler failed. So here I am, looking for support or informations from Sothink, or maybe a secondary decompiler. ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:47 pm 

Yes they may have obfuscated and encrypted their flash game, in which case I guess SWF Decompiler would be screwed even if it was able to decompile haXe SWFs.

But the forum link I posted in my second post (albeit old) is showing unencrypted SWF that the decompiler can't understand. I opened a ticket with Sothink yesterday, we'll see what they have to say :)

I also sent haXe's win installer to my antivirus support to get more info (17 antivirus out of 41 flag it, that's not trivial :p).
And I posted in haXe's forum about the seriousness of their issue. We'll see.

I'll post back here if it's a big mistake, in order not to make unfair negative advertising to the software through search engines. And also to tell how to decompile those SWFs, if I ever get a reply ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:22 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Traveler,

If it is possible, we hope you can provide us with the original SWF in ZIP for test!

You can submit a ticket to us from here,
http://www.sothink.com/support/index.php

We will give priority to checking your flash file.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:48 pm 

Thanks! It seems that you found my ticket soon after posting this since I have a reply from a certain "Cindy" ;)

Thank you for the help. One thing you didn't answer is if Sothink know about mtasc and haXe, and their intent (or not) to add support for these in their decompiler.
The file I sent could be encrypted, which would be why SWF Decompiler can't do a thing with it, but I wonder about "normal" haXe SWFs, which according to the following link are not decompiled properly. http://www.flashmove.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35087

I'm satisfied with SWF Decompiler except for this little issue ;)

Thank you anyways! I'll be asking to haXe directly if it appears that this virus thing will be fixed.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:17 am 

Ok, so I got a reply from my antivirus. They say that haXe's Windows installer is NOT infected. Here is the reply, for anyone who finds this thread in the future:

John,

Thank you for your submission. After further review, this sample is indeed a false positive and will be handled in an upcoming definitions release later today. The packer is most likely the culprit.

Marc Gaudreau
QA Engineer
Sunbelt Software

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm 

Thank you for posting the reply, Traveler.

Regards, William.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 am 

Thanks for reply and tell me how to do ??

james,

[url=http://www.aventura.travel.pl/]Imprezy integracyjne[/url]
[url=http://www.aventura.travel.pl/]Imprezy firmowe[/url]
[url=http://www.aventura.travel.pl/]Szkolenia dla firm[/url]