SourceTec Software

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: streaming problem in IE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:27 am 

I made a swf-file that consist of at static image and 4 minutes 32 kB/sec mp3 streaming audio.<br>It works fine in Opera7.21: the music starts almost immediately even through a modem connection.<br>But in Internet Explorer there is no image and no music until the entire 1 MB has been downloaded.<br>Is there solution to this problem (I am new to flash authoring but I otherwise found the SWF Quicker very easy to get started with)<br><br>PeterP<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:06 pm 
Guru

Hi Peter,<br><br>Can you refer us the link for your movie or send us the movie for a check?<br><br>Sincerely,<br>Webmaster<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:05 am 

Tnx for your reply<br><br>It is on my webpage www.jazz.suite.dk, the bottom-right menu > lyd-eksempler > One Note Samba > alm. tlf./modem-forbindelse.<br><br>The address of the swf file is www.jazz.suite.dk/one32.swf<br><br>Here is some additional information which may og may not be relevant:<br><br>The "movie" has 5 frames per second and 600 frames. It has no action scrips. The audio is (now) 2 minutes mp3 sound (sized about 500 kB, 32 kB/sec ABR, coded with "lame")<br><br>I activate the swf "movie" from the html-page with this javaScript:<br><br><!--// function to open flash window sized according to picture size<br> function openOne32Window(){<br> var one32Win = window.open('one32.swf', 'one32', 'height=365,width=237')<br> }<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:08 pm 
Guru

It should be the same because both Opera and IE are using the Macromedia Flash ActiveX Plug-in to play Flash movie.<br>Your problem may be possibly caused by the cache problem or the different loading speed.<br><br>Sincerely,<br>Webmaster<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:49 am 
For information, I try your file with IE6 and the steaming is very good : just 2 sec to hear the soud.<br><br>