SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: URL to launch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:49 am 

I am testing the evaluation version of the flash encoder and I have noticed that the functions

URL to launch when clicking
URL to launch at the end

do not work. If I remove "http://", then they work but look for the "URLs" in the working directory on the hard drive.

Without this and the watermark (see the other post), there is no way to show whom belongs the movie

Dmitry

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:48 pm 

And I have forgotten to write that otherwise I am very impressed by the encoder.

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:14 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Dmitry,

Sorry for the reply delayed due to the weekend! We appreciate your understanding! :D

Could you please provide your URL and also the Target you chose for us to have a check? Please check whether there is any "Popup Blocker" has blocked the URL?

Referring to watermark function, we will add a function that enable users to add watermark in the converted file by themselves in future release of the program. Please keep an eye on the news of our website. If we have any news on this issue, we will let you know soon.

Thanks for your understanding and happy Valentine's day! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 pm 

Hi Sophia,

I do not believe that the problem is URL specific.

Maybe it did not work because I've tried it locally. No URL was called in this case at all.

I will try to upload the file on the web and try again.

Best,

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:03 am 

The problem has been solved as soon as I've put the files on the web, sorry for the false alarm.

However, it would be nice to make this feature also work locally. The default browser is launched and directed to specified URLs. This is needed for the case if the files get stolen from the web site and land on somebody's hard drive.

Best,

Dmitry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:15 am 
Site Admin

In Flash Player 8 Macromedia has changed the security model that's applied to local Flash content. By default, Flash applications that are run from a user's local file system rather than over HTTP have more limited privileges in Flash Player 8 than in Flash Player 7. This model is applied to Flash content of all versions, which means that content published before the release of Flash Player 8 may be affected, in addition to new content created after its release.

You can click this link to change the security settings: http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... er04a.html