SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 pm 

Well, just lost a very long post, so much for selecting BBCODE when the post hasn't been saved. :cry:

Alright, in a nutshell, after a HDD crash, we recovered website source files for a non-profit organization from the server, however, we had to install a newer version of TreeMenu (2.90) due to the loss of our older (2.40) version.

The original menu was created in 2.40, so I don't know if the older .stm or program is causing problems for the 2.90 version.

It didn't appear to integrate with Expression Web 3, however, we did seem to manage to get it noticed by FrontPage 2003.

The .stm file was on the server, so the menu appears to be complete and functional within TreeMenu itself.

The problem arises after adding another menu item and uploading the files to the server, the menu appears to lose it's initial button images, and they only appear if you mouse-over and then move off each individual button.

This problem is further compounded as each time a menu button is pushed, the subsequent expanded menu reverts to the no button image state yet again.

The top and bottom menu selections are supposed to have a blue shaded strip as background, which they do while working in TreeMenu, however, this disappears upon upload to the server.

I noted the update of the javascript files to the newer versions (one with a new name) in the _pgtres directory.

Given that this is a non-profit organization where software, labore, time, and other resources are donated by volunteers, could someone please offer their assistance with this matter so we can get them back up and running as quickly as possible?

The website URL is http://www.schwartzfamilyfoundation.org.

Many Thanks!

Cet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:40 am 

Tried a few more things and I believe I've narrowed the culprit to the following Global Settings -> General option of "Use Row Background".

The prior setting that worked under 2.4 was to CHECK (turn on) Use Row Background to extend the background image of the row to include any leading images or menu expanders.

Under 2.9, the initial effect when the menu is loaded is to have a background image all the way across that isn't the button image for the node, just a background, and I'm not sure from where it's pulling the image.

If I UNCHECK (turn off) Use Row Background the button images now appear in the menu upon load, however, the don't extend to include the left most side of the menu which is where the leading images and menu expanders are located. Frankly, it looks a little sloppy this way. :(

Is this a bug in 2.9 or am I just doing something wrong? I'll revert to the original setting of Use Row Background turned on for the time being so the problem is more visible.

Many Thanks!

Cet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am 

I'd REALLY appreciate an answer from support on this. Everything looks fine in the Tree Menu program, and even when I test it in Tree Menu in a browser, it works perfectly. Upon upload to the server, the problem occurs and I just can't seem to figure out why it's behaving like this.

Won't someone please help me with this?

Sincerely,

Cet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:32 pm 

Thanks for the Rafael,

You said in that thread, ... If you need code for pulling data from a database, well post sample code soon -- for now, unfortunately, we dont have such samples..

Can you provide a sample yet?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:08 pm 

[quote="cetacea"]Well, just lost a very long post, so much for selecting BBCODE when the post hasn't been saved. :cry:

Alright, in a nutshell, after a HDD crash, we recovered website source files for a non-profit organization from the server, however, we had to install a newer version of TreeMenu (2.90) due to the loss of our older (2.40) version.

The original menu was created in 2.40, so I don't know if the older .stm or program is causing problems for the 2.90 version.

It didn't appear to integrate with Expression Web 3, however, we did seem to manage to get it noticed by FrontPage 2003.

The .stm file was on the server, so the menu appears to be complete and functional within TreeMenu itself.

The problem arises after adding another menu item and uploading the files to the server, the menu appears to lose it's initial button images, and they only appear if you mouse-over and then move off each individual button.

This problem is further compounded as each time a menu button is pushed, the subsequent expanded menu reverts to the no button image state yet again.

The top and bottom menu selections are supposed to have a blue shaded strip as background, which they do while working in TreeMenu, however, this disappears upon upload to the server.

I noted the update of the javascript files to the newer versions (one with a new name) in the _pgtres directory.

Given that this is a non-profit organization where software, labore, time, and other resources are donated by volunteers, could someone please offer their assistance with this matter so we can get them back up and running as quickly as possible?

The website URL is http://www.taylorgolfclubs.com.

Many Thanks!

Cet.[/quote]

sorry, looks like nobody can help, one more try :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am 
Support Team
Support Team

--------
:arrow: gkierqw
-------

To get prompt assistance, please send an email to support@sothink.com regarding your problem.

The forum here is mainly for discussion purpose, and the posts may not be monitored by Sothink Support on time.

Your understanding and cooperation will be much appreciated!

Email: support@sothink.com