SourceTec Software

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:11 am 

I have purchased quicker and upgraded to quiker 3.0 and also purchased the encoder for use at work both for web development. I later discovered I could convert the swf into animated gif, resize the gif, and then extract it into individual frames with three different tools to enhance graphics on our digital sign out front. However one of the tools was a 30 day trial that has expired. Since I was a happy and satisfied SourceTec customer with the other solutions I thought I would try this one - It was supposed to do all three steps at the same time!

Currently I am very disappointed with the demo. For some reason the gifs are screwed up and run very choppy and seem unrepairable. The picture quality when reducing resolution is far inferior to that of Gimp using it's linear filter. The extraction of the frames doesn't even seem to start or stop in the right place and seems to go on an endless loop when capturing unless you tell it to stop.

The software I used with good results was SWF Quicker 3.0, Magic SWF2GIF, Gimp, and animated gif banner maker. I started with a 320x120 10fps swf in quicker. Then used SWF2GIF to create an animated gif, then used gimp to resize down to 64x24, then used Animated GIF Banner Maker to extract all the layers of the gif into seperate images.

It seems the makers of the SWF2GIF have since made a product comparable to this one called "SWF & FLV Tool Box" for about half the price. I'll try their demo and if it works as good as their old software I'll probably buy it.

Kudos to SourceTec on Quicker - It's fabulous. SWF encoder - great tool! This video coverter... not good at all as far as I can tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:02 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this problem to our notice.

Our program developer is checking the problem now, and we will try to solve the problem in the future release of the program.

If we have any news on this issue, we will let you know soon.

Thanks a lot and happy weekend. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:58 pm 

That's exactly what I was looking for to solve my prob...useful link...Thanks for the support.