SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:08 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

User Wish List For Sothink JavaScript Web Scroller!

Thanks for using Sothink JavaScript Web Scroller!

Please leave your suggestion or enhancement request here for Sothink JavaScript Web Scroller's future versions!

Any of your idea or advice is valuable and will be considered. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:36 pm 
Guru

as well as across the screen, the news scroller needs to be going up the screen. there seems to be a lack of news scrollers that go up the screen out there any good. if you can do this, it would be a great seller i think.

also loading stuff from databse as suggested before.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:35 am 

to enable a vertical scroll would be an awesome feature. i'm using the horizontal scroll and it works great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:56 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Yes, a vertical scroll will be available in V2.0.

Post subject: vertical image scroller
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:46 pm 

when will v2 be out please?

also will i have to pay to upgrade?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:01 pm 
Guru

stressed wrote:
when will v2 be out please?

when they finish it.
stressed wrote:
also will i have to pay to upgrade?

probably. its a major version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:50 pm 

Hi,

Here are a couple of ideas on ways to enhance the product:

1. Allow for selectable transitions between images and rollover images such as 'fade' as well as the current 'grow'(on rollover images) and 'slide' (on images)
2. Allow for multiple rows of thumbnails with a fixed target for rollover images so that this software could be used to generate image galleries. A lightbox effect where the page is dimmed with a semi-opaque overlay would be nice.
3. Allow for semi-transparent overlay on top of image or rollover image where name or description could be placed rather than only below image.
4. Allow for timed slideshow functionality on rollover image to provide the functionality of an automatic slideshow of the larger rollover images.

Keep up the good work,

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:17 am 

it would be nice to have an easy way to stop videos from playing once they're off the stage. i have been able to use DivX (of all things) streaming video in both the stage area AND the tip box, but the audio continues to play after de-selection and even when another is selected, which creates obvious problems. incidentially, if anybody has a code or work around for this, i would appreciate it. i'm sure there's a way to do it, but after hours of trying to find it, i am at my wits end!

Post subject: list of options
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:27 am 
Poster

nice to have:

1. centering the background images in the tip window
2. remember the last folder used starting from hte first item
(currently application remembers it ONLy if you have duplicated items)
3. ability to store javascripts and images into different from HTML file folders
(currently you even have a notice of that problem in the main application window)

UI suggestion

Please position the animation or scrolling window no so close to the top of the view window: this will allow people to see where exactly will the tip appear while "playing" with x y coordinates.

Post subject: Re: list of options
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:15 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

dunga wrote:
nice to have:

1. centering the background images in the tip window

Just as I replied in another thread you post, please adjust the width and height of popup tip into the real size of your image.

Quote:
3. ability to store javascripts and images into different from HTML file folders
(currently you even have a notice of that problem in the main application window)

You can store js and images into different folders, but do remember to set Web Path accordingly, not just leave them blank.

Quote:
UI suggestion

Please position the animation or scrolling window no so close to the top of the view window: this will allow people to see where exactly will the tip appear while "playing" with x y coordinates.

What animation or scrolling window do you mean? If you mean the preview window, you can set the page margin in Tools > Options > Preview.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:26 am 

The ability to freely place the pagination on the stage would be a very useful addition. In fact when I purchased this software I thought that would be readily available. As I am using it for a banner rotator on the main page, the pagination looks out of place above the banners.

Great software, keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:45 am 
Poster

For text tickers, and for images as well I suppose, the ability to set item width individually or set the width as 'auto' that would allow text strings of different links to scroll by with the same space between each one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:54 pm 
Poster

A method for triggering an event when a scroll occurs. At the moment, I would like to activate a javascript function everytime the user scrolls to the next image (replacing text in another element based on what item the scroller is on).

By the way, is there information on how to achieve this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:21 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi neo314,

We are sorry that the effect you desired can not be realized in JavaScript Web Scroller program directly. But it can be done through customization.

If you need other information, please contact us at support@sothink.com.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:22 pm 
Poster

Proportional image resizing. Allow images to be resized proportionally to fit an area.

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:50 pm 

Hello friends.Nice to meet you.I am really excited to post on this forum.Well,to enable a vertical scroll would be an awesome feature. i'm using the horizontal scroll and it works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:39 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi torres007,

Sothink JavaScript Web Scroller V2.0 supports generating vertical scroller, you can take the following thread for reference:
http://www.sothink.com/product/javascri ... tscene.htm

Please retry, and if you still get problem, please let us know!

Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm 

The ability to freely place the pagination on the stage would be a very useful addition. In fact when I purchased this software I thought that would be readily available.

SvenCondon
barnett crossbow[/url]

Post subject: Default folder settings
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:01 am 
Poster

:cry: Having just bought Scroller 2 I went mad trying to make a slideshow with a bunch of pictures. The program seems to always default to the Resource folder of the program whereas of course the pictures to use are in another folder on my drive altogether (My Pictures/slidehshow?).
Unless a moderator points me at a solution would you add this urgently to the list of changes to make. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:45 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Sinecure_Bob,

All your scroller relevant images will be set into a folder by default, and all the images will be published there automatically!

So for your problem, we suggest you kindly have a check whether all the images are located in the correct directory first.

If you still get problem, please upload your web page, scroller SJC file and all the relevant images for further check.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards