SourceTec Software

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Image sizes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:51 pm 
Poster

So I am trying to keep this simple to start. I have 5 images and when a site visitor comes, they see this scroller. Basically, what I was after was that the scroller would contain small images scrolling and then when one hovers over it, they would get a larger size of the image. I had thought that the software would take care of this. Does it not? I have tried messing with sizing and such with no luck. Can someone please explain to me how to get this to work the way I am after? I mean, do I have to have 2 different size images and if so, what do I need to do with the width and the height of both images? I appreciate it if someone could assist on this! Thanks much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm 
Poster

One other thing. When inserting this into my webpage developer, initially I just see a square placeholder which is typically for the application I use. Anyhow, I have the ability to size this placeholder. So my other question would be, is it necessary for me to assign a size to this and if so, what size should I consider? Thansk much.

Post subject: Re: Image sizes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:11 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

cadman_meg wrote:
So I am trying to keep this simple to start. I have 5 images and when a site visitor comes, they see this scroller. Basically, what I was after was that the scroller would contain small images scrolling and then when one hovers over it, they would get a larger size of the image. I had thought that the software would take care of this. Does it not?

Yes, you only need to prepare large images. For the small scrolling images size, you could set it in Global > Image area width and Image area height and our program will resize your large images. In the Popup Tip, please use the large images directly. To reach your desired effect, you could refer to the template named auto scrolling images.

For the other question, you can assign the size still in Global > Image area width and height as you like, and our program will resize it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:41 am 
Poster

But the way it is right now using my large images is that they get cut off. So I guess I would need to figure their dimensions and set the height and width accordingly? Just kind of figured the program would do that for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:08 am 
Support Team
Support Team

Yes, you should find the max width and height among your images, for example, it is 160*320, then you should input like 80*160 in the Global panel to resize them, and your images will not be cut off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:00 pm 
Poster

One other thing on my images is that they do not show properly when uploaded. I noticed that you have the option to keep the js files in one spot and the images in another. I elected to keep them seperate to keep things organized. I am not sure that is a good idea though and whether or not it is the case with this program or the program I use to create my webpages, but in any event, some show and some do not. How can I simplify this so that everything shows correctly once uploaded? In my webpage program, all I can do is add the html code like:

<script type="text/javascript" src="homeimagescroll.js"></script>

and then put it where I want the image scroll to happen. It shows it there when uploaded, just not the images! Help please??

Thanks much for your patience and helping me figure this out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:54 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

You should set image path in the Web Path panel.

For example, if all your images are uploaded to http://www.yoursite.com/images/, just enter http://www.yoursite.com/images/ in image path.

Then you will see your images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:09 am 
Poster

That is the way I have it, yet they still were not showing up correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:40 pm 
Guru

well give us ya bloody url and post ya source file for the tree menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:00 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

So, please post your url or your files for me to have a check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 pm 
Poster

Let me check and change some things and if I still have issues, I will post my URL with what I have uploaded. So far, what I have is here:

www.mlmoments.com

Thanks much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:38 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

I checked your js file http://www.mlmoments.com/homeimagescroll.js, and found your set the path like file:///D|/Web/My%20Sites/Photography, which is not accessible. You should input like http://yoursite.com/images/.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:31 pm 
Poster

Got quite busy and didn't have time to go further with this until now. Now am back and trying to get this resolved.

So I am a point confused by the linking.

What I mean is this. I have to have the pathing rooted to my computer for view while setting this up, but then when it goes to my server/domain, it needs to be the URL of the location of these files.

Also, initially, I tried have this (meaning the pics and javascript and associated files) in a folder, but that seemed to mess me up even further. Therefore, I ended up putting it at the root of my domain.

Thanks much for the help thus far!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:50 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

cadman_meg wrote:
What I mean is this. I have to have the pathing rooted to my computer for view while setting this up, but then when it goes to my server/domain, it needs to be the URL of the location of these files.

To solve the problem, you can input relative paths which are relative to the page where the scroller is added in the Web Path panel, for example,

Locally

your page is C:\my site\index.htm
your images store to C:\my site\images\

your page http://www.mysite.com/index.htm
your images store to http://www.mysite.com/images/

In the Web Path panel, you can input images/. Thus, you can preview both locally and online now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:48 pm 
Poster

I have the files at the root of my site. See attached pics to see what I am talking about please.

And now, with the pathing chamged as so, I see nothing on my page. See the URL here:

www.mlmoments.com

It is on the home page.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:39 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Please add http:// to your web adress.

You should enter http://www.mlmoments.com/ in Web Path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:09 pm 
Poster

Am getting closer, but still having issues. Don't understand why this software isn't more straight forward. If you could please view my page again as linked in above post it see what is going on and get back to me, that would be great! As you will notice, for some reason when you hover over an image and the larger one opens, it is 4 of them. One image has nothing even though the properties for all are the same. What is going on here please?

Thanks much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:36 pm 
Poster

One other thing, for some reason, when saving, it keeps creating a folder and placing images in there called 'homeimagescroll'. While that is the name of my project and the javascript, I did not specify anywhere for that to happen. I had and want to keep it at the root and all of the files in one location for the time being for simplicity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

It is because the width and height of the tip you set is twice of the real size of the image. So you should reduce the two vaules. Since your images are not in the same dimension, you should set the width and height of tip one by one, not the same.

For the folder problem, it is auto created when you save .sjc file, in order to store all the resource files. If not created, if you accidentally delete some necessary files, which are needed when you next time open .sjc file, your scroller cannot be previewed correctly.