SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: requirements
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:48 am 
Since this uses flash technology, what are the requirements placed on the visitor's web browser? If I make all my buttons/links using the flash technology, is it likely that some visitors who will not be able to access or use the links without a download? I want to use Glanda but need to keep my site as user-friendly as possible.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:17 pm 
Guru

Most web master solve this problem by creating two site: a flash page and an HTML page.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:22 pm 
OK, so it does place requirements on the browser outside what may be considered standard. If I need to have a "bypass" page in straight html, can you point me to some sample sites that do this? Can the re-direct be automatic or will it always require user action? Is there a standard chunk of code available that can point the user to or prompt them to download the appropriate flash components?<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:41 am 
Guru

Please follow the link http://flash-style.com/.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 1:03 am 

"I want to use Glanda but need to keep my site as user-friendly as possible."<br><br>If you need to keep your site as user friendly as "possible," then HTML is best. If visually imparied or blind people will visit your site same as others will, HTML is compatible with screen reading hardware used by the blind. For navigation purposes, to limit one's site is poor planning. For fancy things that have nothing to do with navigation, have fun. Some people will see and hear it, some people will not. But if you use HTML for navigation, at least they can get around within your site even though they might not be able to see everything.<br><br>It is, in my opinion, crazy to create navigation that is limited. Especially when it is so easy to do it once in validated HTML for all to use and never have to deal with it again. But for both worlds in one page, at least include a navigation bar of simple HTML hyperlinks so anyone who can't navigate using Flash buttons or (DHTML that doesn't work in all browsers), Java applets, etc., can at least still get around within your site. It's easy enough to include HTML hyperlinks at the bottom of the page in addition to the fancier Flash buttons and so forth. That will result in user friendly web pages.<br><br><br><br>