SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:21 pm 
Poster

CHICAGO -- Cliff Penningtons swing had been off and hed been limited for two games because of an infected sweat gland under his arm. Nike Air Max 2009 Schuhe Herren Schwarz Grau Weiß . Entering with a .160 average and batting out of the No. 9 hole, Pennington faced a difficult situation in the ninth inning. The Oakland Athletics had scored but still trailed the Chicago White Sox by two. And now the bases were loaded with two outs. Facing struggling closer Matt Thornton, Pennington delivered. He dropped a two-run single into centre and the As added three more in the 10th for a 7-4 victory. "Matt Thornton on the mound throwing 97 miles per hour, I just tried to get a fastball I could hit and it fell in," Pennington said. "Thats what we have to do offensively -- scratch and claw." With the White Sox leading 4-1 in the ninth, Chris Sale gave up a leadoff double to Conor Jackson, an RBI single to Josh Willingham and a single to Hideki Matsui. Jesse Crain came on and walked pinch-hitter Daric Barton to load the bases before fanning Kurt Suzuki. Thornton then struck out pinch-hitter Ryan Sweeney for the second out but couldnt get the ball past Pennington. "I guess its made news that those guys have been struggling a little bit, but youre bringing in Sale, Thornton and Crain out of the bullpen, those guys are all nasty and theyve been nasty for a while," Pennington said. "Theyre going to be a really good bullpen, were just trying to scratch a few runs across any way we can." Coco Crisp entered in the ninth as a pinch runner and was in a 3-for-22 slump before singling off Thornton (0-2) to give the As the lead in the 10th. The hit came right after Thornton -- who is 0 for 4 on save opportunities this season -- walked Jackson and Willingham. Barton followed with a two-run single and Thornton was booed as he walked off the mound after being replaced by Tony Pena. The White Sox now have lost late-inning leads three times in less than a week, twice to the As, who also rallied to win Monday nights series opener. "Oh man," Thornton said. "Theres nothing to even describe it right now. Frustration is pretty high. ... Confidence isnt the problem. Its my frustration right now. Its the most frustrated Ive been in a long time. I cant remember a run of games like this where I havent gotten the job done that many times in a row." Grant Balfour (1-1) pitched the ninth for the win and Brian Fuentes worked the 10th for his fifth save in five chances. Oakland finished its road trip to Toronto, Minnesota and Chicago at 5-4. "I just loved the attitude. The guys kept fighting right to the end," manager Bob Geren said. "We were down and it was going to take putting some hits together, drawing some walks, and we did it. "I know their bullpen is struggling a little bit, it gives you a little bit of feeling of hope. They just battled. ... Think about the road trip, how many close games weve had, this one to finish it off, its a really good feeling. Its going to be a nice flight home." Oaklands rally denied John Danks a victory after he gave up a run and five hits in eight solid innings. The White Sox broke a 1-all tie in the sixth against Oakland starter Brett Anderson when Carlos Quentin was hit by a pitch, Alex Rios doubled and a sliding Quentin scored on Ramon Castros grounder to third that drew a high throw to the plate from Kevin Kouzmanoff. Brent Morel dropped down a bunt to score Rios from third for a 3-1 lead. Juan Pierres third single of the game chased Anderson (0-2), who was hurt by his own error in the fifth. Anderson gave up nine hits and three runs -- two earned -- in 5 2-3 innings. "I was (in the clubhouse), sitting here and Pennington flared one in," Anderson said. "Especially as the starting pitcher on the hook for the loss, its not only a comeback for the team, but a no-decision for you. Its good for everybody." Matsuis second homer of the season put Oakland up 1-0 in the fourth. Chicago tied it in the fifth when Pierre reached as Anderson fumbled his comebacker for an error and Gordon Beckham doubled. NOTES: Oaklands Andy LaRoche made his sixth start of the season at a fourth different position, this time getting the nod at first base. Nike Air Max 90 Herren Schwarz Blau . Nishikori led 4-1 in the first set before Murray went on a roll, winning the next eight games to lead 6-4, 2-0 when the Japanese player called it quits, two games after receiving medical treatment at the end of the first set. Nike Air Max 2013 Schuhe Herren Weiß . -- The hangover from Canadas 8-1 loss in Honduras lasted through the remnants of goalie Lars Hirschfelds club season in Norway. http://www.airmaxschweizch.eu/air-max-90-tu-60/ . Nishikori led 4-1 in the first set before Murray went on a roll, winning the next eight games to lead 6-4, 2-0 when the Japanese player called it quits, two games after receiving medical treatment at the end of the first set. Air max Schweiz . Here are are links to recent Numbers Game columns covering the trades leading up to the deadline, as well as all the NHL trade deadline deals: Stars, Penguins swap Morrows Penguins add veteran sniper Iginla Blues bring in Bouwmeester from Flames Jagr moves to Bruins Rangers reel in Clowe from Sharks Lightning deal Conacher to Sens for Bishop Gaborik goes to Columbus Wild pry Pominville from Sabres Capitals add Erat; deal Forsberg to Predators HANNAN to SHARKS A 34-year-old veteran defenceman, Scott Hannan returns to San Jose, where he played from 1998-1999 through 2006-2007. Nike Air Max 180 Schuhe Herren Schwarz Lila . People were friendlier to him and his family. Everything, he said, seemed more fun.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers broke out of their funk Tuesday night. Now they just have to play good basketball. The second-best team in the Eastern Conference got 19 points from Paul George and 14 points and 14 rebounds from Tyler Hansbrough, leading the Pacers to a 95-73 rout over struggling Orlando. Its just what Indiana needed after losing two of its last three games and, surprisingly, two of its last three at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, too. "I feel like if we continue to play the way we played today then we can be a tough team to beat," George Hill said after scoring 14 points. "We know the offence will come. I feel like we played a complete game today. " It was the perfect remedy. After losing two straight to the Lakers and 76ers last weekend, the Pacers (42-26) rebounded by sweeping a back-to-back against two inferior opponents, Cleveland and Orlando. The win gives Indiana a five-game lead over Chicago in the Central Division and a three-game lead over New York for the No. 2 seed in the East. And despite a sluggish start and the absence of two starters, Indiana made this one look easy. David West, the Pacers second-leading scorer, missed the game with a sprained lower back. Danny Granger also sat out again with a sore left knee. But against a team shooting as poorly as Orlando, it didnt matter. Hansbrough replaced West, making only his second start of the season and delivered by grabbing nine offensive rebounds and making 6 of 7 free throws in 27 1/2 minutes. He sat out the fourth quarter with what team officials called an abdominal cramp, though they said he could have returned. "You can get into a rhythm when you have kind of a steady flow of minutes and get a feel for yourself and let the game come to you versus coming off the bench," Hansbrough said. "I feel forced to do things and feel a little pressure with that. But I know my position on this team. As soon as David gets healthy, Ill go back to my position coming off the bench and trying to provide energy." On Tuesday, that job fell to a handful of others, including Gerald Green, who finished with 15 points and eight rebounds. But Orlando had to contend with its own problems. The Magic (18-50) were dreadful, shooting 31.8 per cent from field and a dismal 3 of 15 from 3-point range. They ended the first quarter by missing their ffinal 11 shots, and Maurice Harkless and Arron Afflalo each scored 10 point while nobody else hit double figures. Nike Air Max Männer. Coach Jacque Vaughn was even ejected during a four-technical flurry in the third quarter as Orlando lost its fourth in a row. "I did watch it in the locker room, but I dont think Im the first coach be kicked out of a game," Vaughn said, drawing laughter. "Its not a big deal." How ugly was this game? Indiana started by missing its first six 3-pointers, and Orlando needed two baskets in the final minute of the first half just to avoid breaking the franchise record for futility. They scored 27 points in the first half of a game Jan. 24, 2005 at Houston. Nikola Vucevics tip-in with 29.3 seconds left cut Orlandos deficit to 40-29. There were air balls, missed dunks, missed layups -- even shots off the side of the backboard. "Early on, I thought we looked good shooting but they didnt go in," Vaughn said. "Whether it was a putback, we had a dunk attempt or an open 3, it just didnt go in." The worst part came was a three-minute stretch during the third quarter when the Magic looked completely inept. Twice, Orlando was called for fouls underneath after Indiana made long jumpers. The first came on George Hills 3-pointer with 7:16 to go. Roy Hibbert completed the rare four-point play by making the free throw. Sixty-nine seconds later, it happened again. This time, Lance Stephenson made a 19-footer and Hansbrough completed the three-point play. Eighty seconds after that, the officials called a double technical on Hibbert and Kyle OQuinn, and when Vaughn walked onto the floor to argue, he drew two more technicals and was tossed. George made both free throws to give Indiana a 60-44 lead, and Orlando never got closer than 12 again. "You watch the tape, you evaluate it, you see if youre really struggling and you see areas that youve got to clean up, " coach Frank Vogel said. "We settled down and got two big wins." Notes: Vogel said before the game that Granger has increased his workload in practice and could return to game action next week. ... Orlando came into the game shooting just 33.1 per cent on 3s and were just 20 per cent from beyond the arc. ... Magic G ETwaun Moore scored eight points in his first NBA trip back to his home state. ' ' '