SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:00 pm 
Poster

INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck cant wait to get back to work, even though he knows it wont be the same. http://www.airmax90schweiz.com/air-max- ... ren-pt-63/ . The Colts locker room will have plenty of new names and faces. Bruce Arians isnt around, so Indys second-year quarterback will be working with a new offensive co-ordinator. Instead of wondering where hell be playing in the fall or completing classes to earn his architectural degree, Luck can spend the entire off-season working with his teammates. Hes ready to get started. "I think weve all been chomping at the bit since the last game," Luck said, referring to Januarys playoff loss at Baltimore. "Its nice to be back in town and seeing the guys trickle in." On Monday, the veterans will be streaming into the teams west side complex for their first team meeting of the 2013 season. Before getting back to football, though, Luck was taking care of other business in Indianapolis -- launching "Change The Play," a campaign intended to help children stay active and make healthy nutritional choices. Luck is working through Riley Hospital for Children and spent two hours Saturday going through exercises with about 50 kids at the Indiana University Health Sports Performance centre. He wasnt alone. Luck brought along several teammates including running back Vick Ballard, left tackle Anthony Castonzo, defensive tackle Josh Chapman and receiver Griff Whalen. Also attending were IndyCar driver Charlie Kimball, who has a weekend off from racing, and Juergen Sommer, a Indiana University alum who was an American goalkeeper on two World Cup teams in the 1990s. Of course, Luck was the star attraction. "What sport would I play if I couldnt play football? Id love to play soccer," he said when one of the children asked. "I grew up in Europe, so soccer was a big sport over there." Here, hes an emerging NFL star. Last season, Luck produced one of the best rookie seasons ever by a quarterback. He orchestrated one of the greatest one-year turnarounds in NFL history, as the Colts improved from 2-14 in 2011 to 11-5 and made a shocking return to the playoffs. He also set NFL rookie records for attempts (627) and yards passing (4,374) and most yards passing in a single game (433), broke Peyton Mannings franchise rookie mark for completions (354) and finished third all-time among rookies with 23 TD passes. Afterward, he earned a trip to the Pro Bowl, where he teamed up with Manning on the AFC team. So how does a high-profile quarterback spend his first pro off-season? "I took some time off, relaxed, worked on Change The Play and got back to work," he said. And when he gets back to the office this week, there will be plenty to do. It starts with learning a new offence. Instead of relying on Arians vertical passing game, new offensive co-ordinator Pep Hamilton will implement his version of the West Coast offence with a power running game. While some young quarterbacks struggle to adapt to major offensive changes, Luck has a built-in advantage. He worked with Hamilton at Stanford and ran a similar offence with the Cardinal, so he already knows the concepts and the playbook. "I think its the Colts offence, but it will be good," Luck said when asked about comparing it to the Stanford offence. "Im excited to get to work with him (Hamilton). I think it will be good to not have to learn a whole new thing." The upside of the change is that the Colts will have at least three players --- Luck, Coby Fleener and Whalen, all Stanford alums --- around to help teach their NFL teammates how it works. Theres at least one player Luck does not intend to mentor: Reggie Wayne. "Reggies too smart, he doesnt need me teaching him anything," Luck said. But all Luck really wants to do this season is change the final chapter. "Id like to go to a Super Bowl, but its going to take a lot of work," he said. "We need to make sure we get to the team meeting on time Monday, first." http://www.airmax90schweiz.com/air-max-90-qc-37/ . -- A cluster of media stood outside the Miami Marlins clubhouse, awaiting the arrival of owner Jeffrey Loria, when outfielder Bryan Petersen walked past. http://www.airmax90schweiz.com/air-max-kinder-om-60/ . -- After almost two weeks of turmoil Miguel Cabrera returned to where hes most comfortable: a baseball field.RAMAT HASHARON, Israel -- It wasnt the result he was hoping for, but Milos Raonic is seeing the positives after his first competitive tennis match in three months. Raonic was defeated by Amir Weintraub of Israel 5-7, 7-5, 6-3, 6-1 on Friday in the second singles game of Canadas World Group playoff Davis Cup series. The Thornhill, Ont., native was playing his first match since injuring himself at Wimbledon. Plus, hes been battling food poisoning in Israel since Wednesday. "If you look at the whole big picture of the last three months rather than the last four hours, everythings going tremendously well," said Raonic. "I was able to play tired with three and a half hours with no hip issues, and thats a big plus. Obviously there was a lot of things that werent that great about today, but I would say me and my team were happy with 80 per cent of everything." The Canadian team (1-1) is especially happy with the way Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil played in his gruelling 7-6 (4), 6-7 (6), 6-1, 6-7 (2), 6-3 victory against Dudi Sela in Fridays singles opener. Pospisil, ranked No. 124 in the world compared to No. 96 for Sela, the top-ranked player in Israel, prospered after a five-hour marathon, mostly under the sun. Team captain Martin Laurendeau was impressed with Pospisils gritty performance, but warned their plenty of tennis before Canada clinches a spot in the elite 16-country World Group for 2012. "Im glad that match was on TV," said Laurendeau. "Hes on the rise. It was very high-level tennis and it was sustained for a very long time. "Its great, but were still one all and theres still a lot of tennis to be played." The hard-serving Raonic looked strong early as he blazed two aces to win his first service game. He broke to go up 6-5 and serve out the set on a double set point with a sizzling forehand winner. Weintraub played aggressively in the second set, attacking the net and breaking a sluggish-looking Raonic for a 3-1 lead when the Canadian netted his return. Weintraub served to a 4-2 lead, but Raonic broke back with a bullet down the fault line, then served out a game to even the set. However, the Israeli held serve and bbroke Raonic on double set point to tie 1-1. http://www.airmax90schweiz.com/air-max- ... ren-aa-60/. Raonic looked listless in the third set and was broken by Weintraub to fall behind 5-3. Weintraub easily won the second set capped by an emphatic ace. Another break put Weintraub up 4-1 in the fourth and he breezed through two more games to close out the match. Weintraub came into the match ranked 182nd compared to Raonic who is currently No. 31 in the world. "Weintraub, I guess he was inspired, it was his birthday today," said Laurendeau. "He played with nothing to lose. He started off a bit tight and he got looser and looser and got more confidence as the match went on." The 21-year-old Pospisil, meanwhile, was up 6-1 in the first-set tieberaker but Sela fought back before double-faulting. The Israeli jumped into a 3-0 lead in the second but Pospisil fought back Both players had problems with calls in the second set, with Sela throwing his racket to the ground and then going over to the umpire, climbing up the first few steps of the ladder to the raised chair to complain. Pospisil would finish the match with 100 unforced errors compared to Selas 85. Sela survived two set points to win a second-set tiebreaker 8-6 and clawed back in the third from two games down to make it 4-4 after Pospisil double faulted on a double break point. After Sela held serve to pull ahead 6-5, Pospisil forced a tiebreaker but fell back 6-0 before eventually losing and allowing Sela to even the match at two sets apiece. Pospisil went up 4-2 in the final set as Sela hit a forehand long on a double break point. With both players looking fatigued, Pospisil hit a blistering forehand to a win 40-15 point and pull within a game of winning the match. Pospisil dropped to his knees after Sela hit the double match point long. A win over Israel moves Canada into the elite World Group. The loser will remain in its zonal group for next years competition. Pospisil is scheduled to team with Toronto veteran Daniel Nestor against Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram in Saturdays double match at Canada Stadium in the suburb of Tel Aviv. The tie concludes Sunday with Raonic versus Sela and Pospisil versus Weintraub. ' ' '