SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Runtime Error
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:30 am 
I'm using DHTMLMenu as a Front Page 2002 Add-In, and when I follow the menu links in preview mode I get a runtime error:<br><br>line: 43<br>error: object expected<br><br>When I run MS DeBug, it says that there is no source code available, and therefore I cannot see exactly what's going on. How do i fix this? <br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:32 am 
I forgot to mention that when I choose not to run MS Debug, I'm then linked to the desired page, and the DHTML Menu has be automatically removed.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:42 pm 
Guru

In order to help you pertinently, please supply us more detail information:<br>The version of your OS and IE. <br>Did the error occur when you preview the menu on local PC or on remote site?<br>Your detail operation.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:58 am 

I am running XP Pro, and using IE 6... and when I preview the menu, embedded in a webpage, on my computer, I get the error...<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:29 am 

Here's the script i got giving me the error:<br><br>(body text="#FFFFFF" bgcolor="#000000")(!--msnavigation--)(table dir="ltr" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%")(tr)(td valign="top" width="1%")<br>(p)(img border="0" src="_borders/lighted blue logo 2.JPG" width="137" height="131")(/p)<br>(p)(!-- Sothink Widgets Begin, Do not edit it --)<br>(script id="Sothink Widgets:_pgtres\37355.5462152778_PageletServer.DynamicMenu.pgt" LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2")<br>beginSTM("wqdjxhr","relative","0","0","none","false","true");<br><br><br>I changed the "<" and ">" to "(" and ")" so that this script can be read<br><br>The last line was indicated as the error... which tells me that it is the menu script that is causing the error... however, i get an error on other lines, depending on which page I am opening. <br><br>Also, I find that some pages that I've linked to thru the menu open just fine with no errors.<br><br>As I said before, if I open a page with an error on it, and choose not to DeBug, the page loads but the menu bar does not.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:25 pm 
Guru

Now we have to check the problem step by step:<br>1)Please open the standalone Sothink DHTMLMen and open the preview window. Can you preview the effects normally? If the answer is Yes, go on please.<br><br>2) Open FrontPage. Save the page and click Sothink DHTMLMenu button. In pop-up New widget dialog, select Create from template and check the Preview option. Can you preview the menu normally? If the answer is Yes, click OK to go on.<br><br>3) Then in Sothink DHTMLMenu workface, click the Preview button. Can you preview the menu normally? If the answer is Yes, click OK to go on.<br><br>4) Then in the workface of FrontPage, please switch to Preview mode. Can you preview the menu normally? <br><br>If the answer is No. Please open the directory of the saved page or site, then check if there is a folder named _pgtres. If there is, please open it to check if there are JS files in it. If there is no such a folder, please create one manually and then copy the JS files from the install directory of DHTMLMenu to _pgtres.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 5:20 am 

All of the above works just fine. The menu functions well until certain links are selected from a sub-menu. Certain pages open fine thru the DHTML menu, and others result in an error message where the DHTML menu also disappears. Whenever there is an error, it is in the DHTML menu script. How can i fix this error in the script?<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 10:00 am 

Fixed the problem... <br><br>For some reason, Front Page was not duplicating all the menu script in shared borders, so by manually entering the DHTML menu in the shared border of all my pages, the error disappeared. <br><br>If interested, check out our site at www.ehagroup.com<br>It will be updated with the menu by Saturday (4/12/02) at 9:00AM US Eastern Time<br><br>