SourceTec Software

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: ActiveX widget error
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:05 pm 

Folks<br><br>This has probably been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it in the site anywhere.<br><br>I have a page which properly displays a menu (www.basilthegreat.org). However, when I went tonight to make a change to the menu (on the live site), I get an error saying 'the add-in I'm lauching is not for the selected widget.' I've selected only the script widget between the <!> widgets. If I click no, nothing happens. If I click Yes, I get an error that ActiveX component cannot create object.<br><br>I'm assuming that somehow the information on my page got messed up. <br><br>1) do you have any idea what I could have done to cause this?<br>2) do you know what I can do to fix it without having to rebuild the entire menu?<br><br>Thx!<br>Joe<br><br><br>Thx!<br>Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:26 pm 
Guru

FrontPage add-in can not edit the page or the site on remote server. So please download the page to your local PC and modify the menu in your local PC. Then upload the page and the support files to the site again.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:50 pm 

Hmmm, interesting. I know I did just that (editing the menu on the remote site thru FP 2002) just last Wednesday. Worked just fine and resulted in the menu you see today. <br><br>I've imported the page with the menu (index.htm) back down to the website on the PC and also copied _pgtres to the PC website, but still getting the same error. Is there some other file(s) I should be copying as well?<br><br>Thx!<br>Joe<br><br><br>Thx!<br>Joe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:58 am 
Guru

The problem may be due to that the pgt is missing or the _pgtres is at the incorrect position.<br><br>Now please open the _pgtres and check if there is a .pgt file in it.<br><br>Also please make sure the _pgtres folder is in the same directory of the page with the DHTMLMenu.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:43 am 
Jess<br><br>Yes, _pgtres is in the same directory as index.htm. And yes, directory _pgtres has a file with a very long name, and an extention of .pgt.<br><br>Any other thoughts?<br><br>Thx!<br>Joe<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:24 pm 
Guru

Now switch to HTML mode in FrontPage and find the code like (object id="Sothink Widgets:_pgtres\xxxxxx_PageletServer.GlandaButton.pgt"...). Then please check if there is a pgt file with the same name in _pgtres folder.<br><br><br>