SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Error requesting chat.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:00 pm 
Hello Guys, I think this app is really cool. I'm testing it before buying it and only have received one problem.<br><br>I'm testing it with three computers on an intranet and one of them is a server and client.<br>When ever I request to chat to one of the logged on users, after they hit the Accept button they get :<br><br>Connection closed by remote computer.<br><br>Then me, the requesting user get:<br>Winsock error : descriptor is not a socket.<br><br>Can anybody help?<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:35 pm 
It may be due to that you have installed different FireWall or Proxy software in the network. <br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:54 pm 
It can't be a proxy issue, because we don't use one.<br>The firewall is right on our router and the machines are inside the network, never going out.<br>I'm able to chat "SOMETIMES".<br><br>Any other ideas. This is the only tool I know that you can run the server yourself, so I'd like to get over that problem to purchase it.<br><br>Thanks all.<br>Domingo<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:08 pm 
Guru

Now we need more info:<br>Do all the machines can't be chat with each other?<br>Or do only a few machines get this problem?<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:31 pm 
Ok. This is what I got so far.<br>When I attempt to request a chat from the same machine that runs as a server, I get the error once the other computer accepts the chat. However, when the other computer requests the chat, it works fine.<br><br>The server is behind a firewall using NAT, but I've opened the port needed to connect.<br><br>Are there any other ports required to chat.?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:07 pm 
Guru

Different from files and messages sending/receiving, chat uses another port.<br>When you request a chat, it will detect the first unused port from 1025 to above and used it. So please open these ports if you want to chat with others.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:50 am 
It would be better If I know specifically a port range, but it would be even better if specific ports are used for chat.<br>Our messenger server will be behind a firewall for security purposes. Does it mean that I would have to open ports 1025 and up on the server for our clients to be able to chat ?<br>Or the clients need to have the ports 1025 and up open to chat.?<br><br>Thanks for your help so far. At least we now know what the problem is. <br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:25 pm 
Guru

Only the clients need open the ports 1025 and up. <br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:20 am 
I want to use the TecMessenger for the internet but the only way people on the internet can connect to my server is by domain name. The TexMessenger server is using an ip. I do not have a static ip. I need to be able to replace the ip with my dns domain name.<br><br>Could someone help me. Coudl you add this feature to the tec Messenger it very important. I tested the instant messenger for the intranet and every thing seem to work find. <br><br>I want to use it for my website to build my small community. Please some help fix this problem. I paid for the enterprise version. and I am interested in upgrading to the Special Edition . Hope to hear from someone soon. YOu can email me at latingospel2000@earthlink.net<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:02 pm 
Well, maybe you know what his problem is, but I am getting the same errors (winsock error, connection closed on remote computer) and there is NO firewall involved. And it occurs everytime we try to chat. I'd like to use your product, but it's got to work. What's up?<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:22 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Please tell use the operating system of these three computers: server and the 2 PC.<br>And please also supply us following information:<br>1. The version of SourceTec Messenger you are using.<br>2. In which computer you install the Messenger server program?<br>3. Can these two client PC access each other through "Network Neighbor"?<br>4. Are these two PC in the same intranet?<br>5. Can both PCs access the server computer?<br>Thanks<br><br>Regards!<br><br>Sothink Support<br><A HREF="mailto:support@sothink.com">support@sothink.com</A>