SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:21 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Help, I can't uninstall
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:59 pm 

Hi, I need HELP!

I got my instructions on obtaining the standard “full” version via e-mail and proceeded to download the Sothink HTML Editor.

I tried to install it over the free version, and when I ran the HTML editor it said FREE VERSION, so I knew that it didn’t work. Then when I tried to remove the free version, it will not go away! :?

Help How do I remove the old version, I have tried almost everything, but nothing works. I have tried many times and using the control panel to remove programs, I only go through the following again and again but the program does not remove itself.

I start the Remove and then a window comes up asking if I want to remove completely I click on OK to continue and see the progress window stay on the screen with no change in percentage at all while this window is shown. In actualuity, there is not only no change, but there is no progress bar shown, and no change in percent, nothing, and then the Maintenance Complete window pops into place and that is it!

When I click on finish the program is still listed and I have verified, that it is still there. Nothing gets deleted, I have even rebooted after this, shutdown after this, said a prayer, and crossed my fingers, but to no avail…….

When I select a file and click on [Edit with Sothink HTML Editor ] I get the free version splash screen, proof that nothing seems to work..

Checking further I saw that there was a new link to the editor on my screen , and guess what – it brings up The new version of Sothink HTML editor so now I know that there are TWO programs on the system !

I then further tried by starting the Standard (full) version and selecting uninstall and did exactly that, it did uninstall the standard system, I then went to the free version uninstall but it did not uninstall (as has been usual) so I still have my problem.

Please reply with DETAILED instructions on how to fix this.
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:29 pm 
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,

We have sent the reply to you via email, please check it.

The problem might be caused by some information were destroyed on your computer. Please try to install the trial version from the following link again:
http://www.sothink.com/product/htmleditor/download.htm

And then try to uninstall it and check whether it solves your problem.]

Happy weekend. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:06 pm 

you should check the your OS system data in system32 files. there may be some corruption on these files. if there is corruptions, you will again set up files from source CD or internet.

byes.