SourceTec Software

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Sound in SWF QUICKER
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:13 pm 

I`m importing sound and using it into my main timeline.The problem is i get this slight distortion,sounds like a ticker.
It doesnt bother me,but it bothers my boss.So i need to know if there is anything I can do to fix this.

Please help fast,deadline is approaching and I still have many things to do.
Thanks,
Tatianne

:x :shock: :? :( :oops: :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:50 am 
Guru

I am not really sure what is your setting for sound, but I guess you should Use the Stream setting for synchronizing your sound.

The sounds default to the Event synchronization, so if you want your sound to synchronize using the Stream option, you need to explicitly tell Flash to do this. Select the keyframe that contains the sound, and in the Property inspector, select Stream from the Sync menu.

NOTE:
Setting a sound to synchronize using the Stream setting is a simple process; however, there are a few things you should be aware of with sounds set to this synchronization type. First of all, unlike sounds set to synchronize as Event or Start, those set to Stream play only as long as there are enough frames in the layer in which the sound has been placed. So when you use stream sounds, make sure that you have created enough regular frames (non-keyframes) on the same layer, directly following the keyframe with the sound. You will be able to see where the sound ends, because Flash places a waveform in the timeline for your convenience. Another thing to be aware of is that it is inadvisable to choose to loop these types of sounds.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:10 am 

ghol wrote:
I am not really sure what is your setting for sound, but I guess you should Use the Stream setting for synchronizing your sound.

The sounds default to the Event synchronization, so if you want your sound to synchronize using the Stream option, you need to explicitly tell Flash to do this. Select the keyframe that contains the sound, and in the Property inspector, select Stream from the Sync menu.

NOTE:
Setting a sound to synchronize using the Stream setting is a simple process; however, there are a few things you should be aware of with sounds set to this synchronization type. First of all, unlike sounds set to synchronize as Event or Start, those set to Stream play only as long as there are enough frames in the layer in which the sound has been placed. So when you use stream sounds, make sure that you have created enough regular frames (non-keyframes) on the same layer, directly following the keyframe with the sound. You will be able to see where the sound ends, because Flash places a waveform in the timeline for your convenience. Another thing to be aware of is that it is inadvisable to choose to loop these types of sounds.

Hi! thank you for your reply.
I`m aware of the sound setting even and stream.I`m using stream since I need to be able to control my sound from a main swf.
Anyhow I was referring to the a minor sound distortion created by swf quicker when I export my swf.The sound is great and crisp before being imported, but when it is exported in my swf it losses its crispness.I have synchronized my settings to export my sound in a the highest resolution by SWF quicker,but still no good results.

Please any help will be greatly appreciated,
Tatianne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:16 pm 
Guru

How about using load external mp3 sound, this way for sure it plays original mp3 file without any compression.

make sure your exported swf file and mp3 file will be in same folder by using following example.

Example: code

var my_sound:Sound = new Sound();
my_sound.loadSound("yourSound.mp3",true);

let me explain this what is going on in above code.

If you want to load an MP3 into Flash, the first thing you need to do is create a place where you can load it. This requires a Sound object:

myFavMP3 = new Sound();

Once you've created a Sound object, you simply use the loadSound() method to load an external MP3 into that object, as in following syntax:

myFavMP3.loadSound("mySong.mp3", true);

This loads the external MP3 file named mySong.mp3 into the myFavMP3 Sound object.

You'll notice that the loadSound() method has two parameters: The first one identifies the path to the external MP3, while the other determines whether the loaded file will be streamed (true ) or instead considered an event sound (false ) . If this parameter is set to true , the externally loaded file will begin playing as soon as a sufficient amount has been downloaded. If set to false , the start() method must be invoked before the file will play:

myFavMP3.start();

If this is not clear to you then search in google for ( load external sound using actionscript )

Extra Note:
There are two main ways to control sound in Flash: Timeline sounds and Sound Objects. Timeline sounds are sounds that you embed in your timeline. When the play head reaches the sound, it plays. This is often acceptable for short sounds in a progressive storyboard type presentation. However, longer sounds will eventually lose synchronization with your timeline. You also cannot control the properties of the sound like you can with sound objects. Also, timeline sounds can bloat the size of your SWF.

Sound objects use either the attachSound or the loadSound method to incorporate sound into your movie. The attachSound method has two parts: the object and the internally linked sound. When the object is called, it attaches the sound (which resides in the library) that was linked to the object when the sound object was defined. Sound objects that use the attachSound method are embed in the SWF.

Sound objects that use the loadSound method also have two parts: the object and the URL to the external sound to be loaded. When the object is called, the external sound loads into the movie. Sound objects that use the loadSound method can be loaded either as events or as streaming. Event sounds must load completely before they play, while streaming sounds begin to play as soon as enough data has loaded to start the sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:46 pm 

ghol wrote:
How about using load external mp3 sound, this way for sure it plays original mp3 file without any compression.

make sure your exported swf file and mp3 file will be in same folder by using following example.

Example: code

var my_sound:Sound = new Sound();
my_sound.loadSound("yourSound.mp3",true);

let me explain this what is going on in above code.

If you want to load an MP3 into Flash, the first thing you need to do is create a place where you can load it. This requires a Sound object:

myFavMP3 = new Sound();

Once you've created a Sound object, you simply use the loadSound() method to load an external MP3 into that object, as in following syntax:

myFavMP3.loadSound("mySong.mp3", true);

This loads the external MP3 file named mySong.mp3 into the myFavMP3 Sound object.

You'll notice that the loadSound() method has two parameters: The first one identifies the path to the external MP3, while the other determines whether the loaded file will be streamed (true ) or instead considered an event sound (false ) . If this parameter is set to true , the externally loaded file will begin playing as soon as a sufficient amount has been downloaded. If set to false , the start() method must be invoked before the file will play:

myFavMP3.start();

If this is not clear to you then search in google for ( load external sound using actionscript )

Extra Note:
There are two main ways to control sound in Flash: Timeline sounds and Sound Objects. Timeline sounds are sounds that you embed in your timeline. When the play head reaches the sound, it plays. This is often acceptable for short sounds in a progressive storyboard type presentation. However, longer sounds will eventually lose synchronization with your timeline. You also cannot control the properties of the sound like you can with sound objects. Also, timeline sounds can bloat the size of your SWF.

Sound objects use either the attachSound or the loadSound method to incorporate sound into your movie. The attachSound method has two parts: the object and the internally linked sound. When the object is called, it attaches the sound (which resides in the library) that was linked to the object when the sound object was defined. Sound objects that use the attachSound method are embed in the SWF.

Sound objects that use the loadSound method also have two parts: the object and the URL to the external sound to be loaded. When the object is called, the external sound loads into the movie. Sound objects that use the loadSound method can be loaded either as events or as streaming. Event sounds must load completely before they play, while streaming sounds begin to play as soon as enough data has loaded to start the sound.

Hi!
thanks for your response,the only problem with using external mp3 is that I can`t pause the audio from my main swf.
Unless there is a way that i`m not aware of.
Any suggestions will be as appreciated as the first two,
Tatianne Lugo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:45 pm 
Guru

create stop button in new layer , convert it to button symbol and give a name to it as stop_btn and add this code to actionscript layer

stop_btn.onRelease = function() {
my_sound.stop();
};

create play button in new layer , convert it to button symbol and give a name to it as play_btn and add this code to actionscript layer
play_btn.onRelease = function() {
my_sound.start();
};

See the demo:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:47 pm 
Guru

by the way if you have sothink glanda, I made stop and start sound with single button which it may be helpfull to you.

see it here

http://www.sothink.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26328

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:32 am 

Hi!
thanks again,but what i really need is not a stop action, but a pause button for the external sound.The thing is the external sound is at an external swf that is being loaded into my main swf.

Am I making sense???
So I have my swf with animation and sound externally linked to it and this swf is loaded into my main swf that calls 11 other swfs with their own externally linked sound.The main swf has a toogle pause play button that controls the external swfs with the external sound.

Any suggestions??
Thanks!
Tatianne Lugo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:05 am 
Guru

your first question was like this :
Quote:
I`m importing sound and using it into my main timeline.The problem is i get this slight distortion,sounds like a ticker.

can you load your project somewhere to look at it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:34 am 

Sure,here it goes...
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:58 pm 
Guru

your file gets crash whenever I open or preview, I am not able to see it.

why you placed actionscript in first frame of the audio /sound layer ?

always make sure actionscript has it's own layer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:22 am 

I figured out a way of making it work.
The sound and actionscript was a stupid mistake,I guess i forgot to remove the sound in that version.
Anyhow,I just made sound object into my main movie and controlled it from there.It sounds fine from flash,its just from swf quicker that it gives me trouble.

Thank you for your patience and time,it is appreciated.
Tatianne Lugo :lol:

Post subject: Re: Sound in SWF QUICKER
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:05 pm 

I have a website where a swf file is embedded in the template, so each time a page loads it plays this annoying 16 second sound clip.

I like the video and buttons, but I want to remove the sound. This is my first time attempting to do something like this, so if anyone could point me to a program and/or resource to help me do this I'd really appreciate it!

I've searched on the net, but found more information on exporting the sound to mp3 and such, but I want to totally remove the sound - I feel like punching my monitor everytime I hear that sound clip on my site, lol =)

Last edited by Fransis on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sound in SWF QUICKER
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm 
Old Hand

WITH QUICKER:

Do you have the original file?

If so, just edit the SQF file and remove the sound clip from the library after removing it from the timeline.

If not, download the offending SWF file, and open it with Quicker then attempt to remove the sound clip from the library. When you attempt to do this, the program will tell you that it is in use by certain frames. Remove those frames, then remove the sound clip from the library.

WITHOUT QUICKER:

Attach the file, and someone will attempt to fix it for you.