SourceTec Software

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: help for a newbie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:09 am 

Hello all,

First I would like to say that i'm totally new to Shockwave so please pardon my ignorance.

I'm working right now on translating (with permission) a web site from English to French which include several shockwave objects. I'm not trying to make any changes to the objects other than translating the text from English to French. I've done that on several SWF objects using SWF quicker with no problems. However there is this one object that's really giving me a hard time and I do not know what to look for. The object is a flash quiz that consist of questions and then some texts at the end explaining the results. I've translated all of the texts in French. The problem is that after all the questions are answered at the point where the results are supposed to be shown the screen turns black and nothing else can be done. Initially I thought that this is because of something I did, but when I tried importing the original file and preview it without any changes it behaves exactly the same way! Which would seem to suggest that there is an error in the way Sothink imports this file. I cannot upload the file but to give you an idea here's a link to the original I'm trying to translate. http://www.simpleguidetohumanism.org.uk ... anist.html

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: help for a newbie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:42 pm 
Old Hand

Can't help . . . not because I don't know, but because it saddens me to see folks who don't have a clue trying to convince others that they know the way to happiness.

If today is all there is . . . if there is no future, ifthere is no higher power ---then why don't we just fire all the nukes up and be done with it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 pm 

Hello dijenga,

Well, obviously I did not post this here in order to start a philosophical discussion... but since you raised the issue, I readily admit to being a humanist and also an atheist, and I assure you I love life every bit as much as you do. And btw " trying to convince others that they know the way to happiness", isn't that what religious people do?

I could turn your question around and ask you since you are convinced (I'm assuming you are a religious person, if not I apologize) that you will go to a heaven of eternal happiness after your death, why don't you take every possible step to shorten your life as much as possible? I'm willing to bet that you do not, am I right?

So that being said I would still like any kind of help, however remote, on my initial request.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:43 pm 
Guru

Simply because we love life, starting from the very beginning. I find happiness even in this earth so I don't see any reasons to commit suicide.

Anyway I respect your opinions.

If I can I will go to the site and see where the problem could be. But be aware that Quicker is not a decompiler: Sothink produces a specific software for this purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:02 am 
Guru

I gave a look at the Quiz (it seems I am not a Humanist indeed).

I tried ti import it in Quicker and export it in swf again. Then I reloaded the swf with Firefox and it worked regularly for me.

You could try to update your Flash Player or browser.

But hurry up! Your life is limited... :shock: