SourceTec Software

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:25 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 am 

I'm having a problem with DVDs I am burning with DVD Maker 3.5 (I also tried a later version on a different computer with the same results). I have tried to get tech help from Source Tec, but so far they have not responded after two weeks so I'm asking the forum for ideas. The DVD burns fine, but when I play it on a DVD player to watch on TV, there are periodic horizontal black lines and white pixel boxes that fill the entire screen for perhaps a couple of seconds and disappears, but it repeats throughout the entire DVD at regular intervals of 65-70 seconds, or just over every minute. This means the problem is cyclic, and not related to any motion or anything happening on screen. I have a couple of photos of what it looks like but I do not know how to attach them to this post. I also burn my DVDs at a relatively slow speed of 4x, using DVD+R discs.

Oddly enough, I also have a much older DVD player in another room, perhaps 8-9 years old, which plays it fine without any problem. But it's the newer players that seem to experience the problem with playback, and I have now seen the glitch on three different players of three different makes all made in the last year or two and they all have the same problem. Perhaps it has something to do with frame rate?